Eric PL Smith
West Jordan, UT
3D Game Developer / Gameplay Programmer / Tools Programmer / Lead Programmer / Senior Programmer
Summary of Qualifications
Unity development and C# 7 Years
Programming skills in C, C++, C# 15+ Years combined
Programming skills in various BASIC flavors 9+ Years combined
Programming skills in 2D, 3D, AI, Rendering and Animation 10+ Years
Various other programming skills in JAVA, PICK, RPG II/III/IV, TCP/IP HTML, OpenGL, DirectX, Python
Over 20 years combined professional computer programming with some QA experience (blackbox, whitebox, unit tests, agile, waterfall)
Space RTS Kit for Unity
Lego Chima Online
Major League Eating: The Game
The Tale of Despereaux
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Battlefield 2: Armored Fury
Battlefield 2: Euro Force
Battlefield 2: Special Forces
Battlefield Modern Combat
Battlefield Vietnam (BattlecraftV)
Battlefield 1942 (Battlecraft42)
Wild Tangent Dancing girl audio visualizers
Special Forces Combat Medic
5/2017 – Present: Battle Crafters LLC Salt lake City, UT
Owner / Contract Programmer (C#, Unity)
- Developed and released Space RTS Kit for Unity in C# and Unity.
- Developed King Erik, a 2D platformer game on Unity and release on Steam.
7/2012 – 1/2016: Independent Contractor Montreal, QC
Senior Programmer / Contract Programmer (C#, Unity)
- Contracted for Warner Bros Games Montreal in C# and Unity.
- Contracting for Monstrous Games in C# and Unity on Unannounced product.
- Contract programming for Megaworld Studios in C# and Unity
- Programmed iOS title Rock Dozer in C# and Unity available on iTunes
7/2011 – 7/2012: Warner Bros Games Montreal Montreal, QC
Senior Programmer / Contract Programmer (C#, Unity)
- Member of teams as a Game Play programmer that developed in house LPW proprietary entertainment software using the Unity and C#.
7/2008 – 7/2011: Red Monkey Games Salt Lake City, UT
CEO / Lead Programmer / Contract Programmer (C++, Python)
- Verdant Shadows MMO (www.verdantshadows.com) Contract programmer for Torque 171 and MMO KIT. Many various game play aspects to include mob system, GUI, item drop system, chat system and more.
- Virginia State University Industry and Logistics warehouse simulation for Lean Forward. (Torque3D)
- MOBHACK! - RMG in-house IP on iTorque for iPhone/iPod Touch. (iTorque2D)
- Blood Clans (Torque3D, www.bloodclans.com)
- Other contract programming and QA consultation projects on Torque engine for various clients.
12/2006 – 7/2008: Sensory Sweep Studios Salt Lake City, UT
Senior Programmer / Lead Programmer (C++)
- Major League Eating: The Game (WiiWare) – Implemented various game play systems such as Food Type manager, special effects and environment, multi player networking system (WiFi), UI, Power Up system.
- Managed a team of 3 programmers and 4 designers.
- Dirty Harry (PS2, PSP, PC, X360) – Implemented gun shot decal system. AI path finding node system, AI system, car chase routing system, weapons system.
- Engine Programming – Implemented particle system, decal system, AI system and many other various game and tool related tasks for the companies cross platform game engine (PC, X360, PSP, Wii, PS2).
12/2002 – 12/2006: Digital Illusions CE London, ON/SLC,UT
Senior Programmer (C++, Python, Flash, OpenGL)
- Battlefield 2 – Maintained and implemented awards and persistence system in conjunction with GameSpy as well as front end and game modes. Implemented trigger system for gates and platforms. Also did gameplay specific programming on Battlefield 2: Special Forces as well as the expansion packs Battlefield 2: Euro Forces and Battlefield 2: Armored Fury.
- BF2Editor – General implementation.
- General bug fixing and Quality Assurance (QA) for entire BF2 scope.
- Tools programming.
- Battlecraft 1942 – Designed, programmed and implemented the official Battlefield 1942 level editor. Published on the Battlefield 1942 Deluxe Edition and the Battlefield 1942 Anthology Pack.
- Battlecraft Vietnam – Designed, programmed and implemented the official Battlefield Vietnam level editor. Published on Battlefield Vietnam.
- www.battlecraft42.com – Designed and maintain official Battlecraft website for EA Games and DICE
12/2001 – 12/2002: Steed Corporation Salt Lake City, UT
Contract Programmer for Paul Steed (Quake2, Quake3:Arena artist) (C++, JAVA, OpenGL)
- 5 Dancing Girl audio visualizers for Wild Tangent
- Men In Black II: Frank the Pug 3D music video (I Will Survive) for Sony Digital Entertainment
- Charlies Angels: Full Throttle audio visualizer for Sony Digital Entertainment
3/2001 – 11/2001: Alpine Studios American Fork, UT
Game Programmer (C++, C, JAVA)
- Kublox – Puzzle game for Wild Tangent (PC)
- 10-40 Silent Run (PS2)
- Johnny Moseley Freestyle Skiing (AGB)
- Special Forces Combat Medic (PC)
- Various Proposal Demos such as Monster Truck Madness 3 (PC), The Game of Life (PS2), Airline Tycoon (PC)
7/1999 – 10/2000: Modis Solutions Salt Lake City, UT
Programming Consultant (VB6, MSQL, JAVA, C++, PICK, uniVerse)
- Programming and QA consulting services for Usana, Inc.
- Programming and QA consulting services for Dentrix, Inc.
- Programming and QA services for American Insurance Company
- Programming and QA services for many other various clients
8/1998 – 7/1999: Integris Inc. American Fork, UT
Programmer / Analyst (PICK, uniVerse, C++, VB6)
- POSatek College Bookstore software
- Integriview GUI front end.
11/1994 – 6/1998: PST Vans Inc. Salt Lake City, UT
Programmer Analyst (uniVerse, PICK, VB5, C, C++)
- Senior Programmer/Analyst/QA
- EDI Coordinator
- IT Senior Specialist
9/1987 – 9/1988 Mountain West Jr College Salt Lake City, UT
Associates in Computer Programming
C, DBase IV, Assembler, Accounting, RPG III, COBAL, Systems Analysis
11/1997 – 12/1997 IBM Systems Tampa, FL
1601 and 1602 AS/400 RPG/IV Programming Certification
11/2004 – 11/2006 Belford University Online
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (Magna Cum Laude)
Related Accomplishments / Honors
- Team Lead, Designer and Lead Programmer on the popular Half Life MOD Firearms published in the Counter-Strike Valve release and the Valve Half Life Platinum Pack.
- PCGamer Magazine “MOD of the Year” and “Best Multiplayer Game of the Year Runner-Up” for the year 2000 for my work as Team Lead and lead programmer on Firearms: Half-Life.
- Designed and implemented the trigger system in the Ultima Online emulator UOX3.
- Developed Gatekeeper launcher for DOOM, DOOM2, HERETIC, HEXEN. Heralded by American McGee of id Software for my DOOM to DOOM2 PWAD converter.
- Designed and developed zParticle Advanced Particle System plug-in for The Game Creators DarkBASIC Professional game engine.